Canada is the hub of educational and employment opportunities and the recent boom in the number of students immigrating to Canada in the course of their studies is proof that it is a country of opportunities and acceptance indeed! Canadian degrees are accepted and valued all around the world, Canada also offers affordable standards of living and availing education while working in comparison to USA and UK. Moreover, Canada values student safety and also offers a variety of scholarships to reward academic excellence. Canada is also ranked first in terms of quality of life. These reasons pretty much sum up few of the many benefits of student life in Canada.
While the process of Canada student visa and its application might seem easy on paper, it is a maze prone to mistakes that one can make. It is not only important to choose a reliable and service of student visa expertise like Canada Students Visa but also to be well equipped with any sort of knowledge pertaining to the process of Student Visa for Canada.
A student can apply for Canada Student Visa from India for study programs of more than six months. Regarding study permit in Canada, there are two categories: SDS and Non SDS.
Here are a few steps to keep in mind when wanting to have an idea about the Canada Student Visa Process:
1. Apply at a Canadian University:
It is suggested that one decides on which University or college in Canada to apply at in order to process an application for Canada Student Visa. Applying at a Canadian University/College successfully one can get an application letter which is the first requisite of starting the process of Canada Student Visa.
2. Check if you need to apply for a student visa in Canada
It is essential to check whether or not you require to apply for a student visa in Canada because there are certain situations wherein the requirement for a Canada student visa doesn’t arise:
- You enroll in a study program that lasts less than six months.
- You are a member of foreign armed forces from the Visiting Forces Act.
- You are a family or staff member of a foreign representative in Canada, who is accredited by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada.
- You are a citizen of another country, but you have an Indian status registered in Canada.
3. Start the process for your Canada Student Visa application:
The very first step when starting the process for Canada Student Visa through a trusted student visa service provider that is Canada Students Visa! Having expertise and experience enables us to assist every student with their student visa process for Canada with maximum efficiency. However, a preface of the application requisites appear like this:
- To apply for your student visa for Canada via Canada Students Visa where the application of your student visa will be uploaded on the CIC website
- If your internet connection doesn’t enable you to post your documents to begin with your application on the CIC website, you can also mail the same via postal services
- Proof of sufficient financial funds are to be submitted
- Medical records stating you’re in the pink of health are also to be made a part of your application
- Submit proof of no criminal record
It is also essential to know that the Student Visa or study permit as it is commonly known, expires 90 days after the completion of your studies in Canada. One can apply for a work permit in the meantime as well as be self-employed.
4. Prepare the documents required:
When you choose a reliable Student Visa service provider like Canada Students Visa, you need not worry about the documents and their order because with years in service of student visa we make sure the documentation is proper and that your application doesn’t suffer because of poor or half documentation. However, here’s a brief list of the documents you are required to submit:
- Filled-in student permit application form
- The original letter of acceptance from the university
- A valid passport/travel document, which also allows you to return to your home country. If you live in the USA, this is not necessary.
- Two recent passport-size photographs, with specifications of name and date of birth on the back
- Proof of financial support during your study program. This means proving you have between 10,000 and 11,000 CAD per year for living in the country.
And many more, which Canada Students Visa is well equipped with and can assist you in compiling the same!
5. Language proficiency test required:
Though the proof of language proficiency is not a document requirement, if you don’t belong to an English speaking country, you will need a language proficiency test in addition to your Student Visa application:
- IELTS Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- PTE Academic
- C1 Advanced
Depending on the centers designated in your country for Biometrics, a biometrics will be booked for you when you choose the esteemed services of Canada Students Visa. Post biometrics, if required there might be an interview however the interview process is subject to individuals and is not mandatory for a Canada Student Visa.
This was an outline of the application process for a student visa in Canada. However, you won’t have to go through the whims of this process if you choose Canada Students Visa for your student visa for Canada and its application process.
About us: We aim at providing the perfect guidance to the students who aspire to study in Canada. Our focus always stays on creating better opportunities for you and helping you achieve your goals as easily as ever. All our services are in context with Student Visa for Canada. Canada Students Visa has a tie-up with popular and reputed Colleges/Universities across Canada. Our large network of associates makes it possible for us to provide you with successful outcomes.